Stephen Ministry provides confidential one-to-one support for people at difficult times in their lives. Stephen Ministers meet regularly as a group for supervision and continuing education and are committed to preserving the confidential nature of their caring relationships.
If you know someone who might benefit from the support of a Stephen Minister or if you want to learn more about becoming one, contact Vicki Lantz at 717-243-4571, ext. 27.
These are some of the needs we currently help to meet:
- Homebound or isolated individuals
- The hospitalized or recently discharged
- Those facing serious or terminal illness
- People who are experiencing major adjustments in their jobs, careers, or residency
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Those facing difficult decisions on future care of aging parents and/or spouses
- Experiencing loss of family members because of death, school, military assignment, marriage or divorce.
- Prisoners, ex-offenders, and their families
- Households experiencing birth or adoption
- Those in spiritual crisis
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Click here if you are in need of a friend or Christian spiritual companion.