What is Ignite?
Ignite is a whole new way to worship: interactive, contemporary, fun, intimate, and relaxed. This monthly service in our Rotunda is full of experiences designed to draw you closer to God and to the people around you. We hope Ignite will spark something good and exciting in you! The sermon is exactly the same as that offered in our traditional service; it is viewed through a time-shifted video feed. Pastor Jeff joins us for a live talk-back time immediately following the sermon.
Who is it for?
- If you connect best with God and others through contemporary music, Ignite is for you.
- If blue jeans, tattoos, and a child’s spit-up on your shoulder are your idea of “church clothes,” Ignite is for you.
- If you want a worship service that engages your head, heart, and hands, Ignite is for you.
- If you want to worship with your whole family, Ignite is for you (and, of course, professional nursery care is available as always.)
- If you haven’t been to church in a long time, or have never set foot in a church building, Ignite is for you.
Who leads it?
A team of volunteers (both youth and adults) lead most of the music and provide almost all the other arrangements. Pastor Jeff, the Contemporary Music Director, and Ashley Leggett share responsibility for the design of each unique Ignite service. One of the many things that makes Ignite special is the way young people lead worship in the Ignite Band and in other ways.
When is it?
On the Second Sunday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the Rotunda.